Re: Host sFlow

From: Peter Phaal <peter.phaal@inmon.com>
Date: 05/19/10

The Host sFlow agent now supports Windows performance monitoring (in addition to Linux):
http://host-sflow.sourceforge.net/

Metrics (based on libvirt) have been defined for reporting virtual machine performance. A new draft of the Host sFlow specification contains the new structures:
http://www.sflow.org/sflow_host-draft2.txt

The Host sFlow agent can export the virtual machine metrics on Xen/XenServer platforms. Installing the recently released Open vSwitch 1.0.0 virtual switch along with Host sFlow on XenServer gives complete visibility into physical and virtual network and system performance and makes a good platform to try out the technology.

For directions on configuring sFlow on the Open vSwitch see:
http://blog.sflow.com/2010/05/configuring-open-vswitch.html

Peter