Re: Problems migrating from netflow to sFlow: results are low

From: Christian Hammers <ch@westend.com>
Date: 08/16/05

Hello

> On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 10:05:15AM -0700, neil mckee wrote:
> > 1. Most Foundry switches only sample inbound traffic on an
> > interface, so if you only enabled sflow on the uplink then you are
> > probably only seeing the traffic in one direction.
> That is not the case with the FastIron Edge series, which I could verify.

Just for the archives,
I'm now testing against the Foundry NetIron/JetCore switch that we are
planning use in production and this switch, which only samples input data
like the Ciscos with their netflow, produces quite usable data (+-10% at
least).

bye,

-christian-

--
Christian Hammers             WESTEND GmbH  |  Internet-Business-Provider
Technik                       CISCO Systems Partner - Authorized Reseller
ch@westend.com                D-52064 Aachen              Fax 0241/911879