Re: Re: Ethereal dissector for sFlow - feedback wanted

From: Jeff Rizzo (riz@boogers.sf.ca.us)
Date: 08/04/03

    On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 11:31:12AM -0700, Tim Durack wrote:
    > Thanks - this is very useful!
    >
    > One thing to note, it will only decode sflow if the destination port is
    > 6343. That caught me out as I tend to forward to higher ports.
    >
    > If using this with Windows, it is useful to remember that you can run
    > sflowtool.exe like this:
    >
    > sflowtool.exe -p 6343 1>nul 2>nul
    >
    > It is not necessary to be running sflowtool to capture the datagrams,
    > but there will be a lot of ICMP port unreachables if you don't.
    >
    > What display filters can be used with the current dissector?

    Thanks for the feedback-

    You can actually decode traffic on other ports as sflow- that's how I
    did most of my testing... you have to know that it's sflow, though.
    Just select the traffic in question, right-click and choose "Decode As..."
    and then select sflow from the list. It also allows you to specify
    source or destination ports as being sflow.

    I'm afraid I don't quite follow your 'display filters' question -
    I'm not exactly an expert on Ethereal, though.

    +j